Dr. Ryan Spivak
Dr. Ryan Spivak is a Plastic Surgeon in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills who focuses on cosmetic surgery. With a refined eye for beauty, Dr. Spivak takes tremendous pride in delivering results that are natural, graceful, and highly aesthetic. Dr. Spivak is greatly respected by his patients for his warm bedside manner and thoughtful approach; he is considered a true partner for all his patients during their exciting and transformative journey at Elite Body Sculpture. Unique to Elite Body Sculpture, Dr. Spivak performs surgery at the Beverly Hills location, bringing his expert technique and focus on aesthetic excellence to both centers.
Dr. Ryan Spivak was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He attended the Schreyer Honors College at Pennsylvania State University through an Academic Excellence Scholarship, where he graduated cum laude and received his BA in English. During this time, he was elected as a member of The Phi Beta Kappa Society (America’s oldest academic honor society), the Golden Key National Honors Society, Alpha Epsilon Delta (pre-medical honor society), as a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and as a USAA All-American Scholar. Dr. Spivak then attended Georgetown University where he received an MS degree in Biophysics, with a thesis on scarless wound healing. Dr. Spivak then matriculated to the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, ranked as a top 5 medical school by the US News & World Report. At Penn Med, Dr. Spivak graduated with high honors, in the top 10% of his medical school class. During his time at Penn, Dr. Spivak fell in love with plastic surgery, and decided to make this his calling and profession.
To further pursue his passion in wound healing and plastic surgery, Dr. Spivak completed a research fellowship in the pediatric plastic surgery lab at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia at Penn medical school. During this time, he led a gene therapy project focusing on reversing cleft lip and palate in utero. His highly successful research was presented both locally and nationally (at the American Society of Gene Therapy), where he won multiple awards for his work. These include the award for Best Research Paper and Presentation at the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, the Stanley H. Ashley Excellence in Research Award at the American College of Surgeons, the Paul M. Black Junior Investigator Award at the American Cleft Palate Association, the University of Pennsylvania Medical Student Research Prize in Basic Science, and the Excellence in Research Award for Basic Science at the Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons.
After graduating at Penn, Dr. Spivak trained as a plastic surgeon at the University of Southern California integrated plastic surgery residency in Los Angeles. As an integrated program, USC plastic surgery residents train the majority of their 6 years focused on plastic surgery. With over 40 full-time and affiliated faculty, and rotations at 9 hospitals in Los Angeles, the USC Plastic Surgery program is considered one of the top residencies in plastic surgery in the U.S. During his training, Dr. Spivak was able to work with some of the best plastic surgeons in Los Angeles, both within the fields of reconstructive surgery, and cosmetic and aesthetic surgery.
Outside of surgery, Dr. Spivak is a devoted husband and father of three children. He enjoys traveling, including ski trips up to Whistler, beach trips with the family in the summer at the Jersey shore, and any traveling that incorporates horseback riding. He is an avid gardener, and particularly enjoys working with Bonsai trees. He also competes in shooting in amateur trap, skeet, and sporting clays tournaments.
Dr. Spivak is looking forward to working with you to obtain your most ideal and beautiful result.
- Schreyer Honors College, Pennsylvania State University – BA (English)
- Georgetown University – MS (Biophysics, thesis in scarless wound healing)
- Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania – MD
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Research Fellow, Craniofacial Biology and Pediatric Plastic Surgery Lab, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Paul M. Black Junior Investigator Award, American Cleft Palate Association
- Best Research Paper and Presentation, American Association of Plastic Surgeons, 87th Annual Meeting
- Stanley H. Ashley American College of Surgeons (ACS), Excellence in Research Award
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine Medical Student Research Day Prize – 1st Place in Basic Science
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons, Excellence in Research Award for Basic Science
- Cum Laude, Schreyer Honors College, Pennsylvania State University
- Pennsylvania State University Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Golden Key National Honors Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- USAA All-American Scholar